LynnP is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013

Access 2013 forms shutting down after upgrade to Win 10

I'm new to this forum, and appreciate any help you can give me. The situation is this: I volunteer with our local art museum and have been setting up Access 2013 dbs to track their daily visitor and tour data. Everything was working fine until they went from Win 7 to Win 10 at the end of November. They need to leave the forms for collecting the data open all day, and this was working with no problem until the change to Win 10. Now, it shuts down after anywhere from a few minutes to 30 minutes, and they then need to close Access and reopen. The message is: Your network access was interrupted. To continue, close the database, and then open it again. This is a nightmare for them, as they have to check that no data was lost for the last entry. The technology manager removed and reinstalled Access 2013 twice on the PC used for the data collection, but that did not help (1st time as 32 bit, which was apparently how it was originally installed when they got Office 365 a while ago, and when that didn't help, removed/reinstalled as 64 bit which didn't solve the problem either).

Has anyone else had this problem? Or does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 8 Access 2013
    I am not sure why you are experiencing these symptoms. I do find it interesting that you mentioned Office 365, though. There may be something to that. Not every version of Office 365 has Access as part of the package. To add complexity to the issue, differences between 2013 O365 and 2016 O365 may make installing Access more complex. For instance, you get a subscription with O365, then realize Access is not included. Then, you install a conflicting version of Access.

All of what I have described above has to do with the actual install. The problem you are describing does not sound like it is directly related to an install issue. In other words, Access and O365 are, indeed, already installed and you can launch both applications. What I am wondering is, which version of O365 and which version of Access was installed. Perhaps IT installed Office and used a technique like the following, regarding a bug with installing different versions.
    https://community.office365.com/en-us/f/156/t/416143

So I would be curious about the versions that were installed and also, how they were installed. Understanding this may warrant suspicions of a bug.

Aside from that, I would want to understand how the database is set up. Is it a split DB where the backend is on a server and the front end is on a client? How are the clients connected to the server? Are the clients using a WiFi?

LynnP is offline Novice
    Thank you, ItsMe. This issue only appeared after the change from Win 7 to 10 at the end of 11/15. Access is included in their version of O365, (2013) and the clients are hardwired to the server, from what I've observed. I created these dbs for them in 9/15 & 10/15 (neither is a split db) and both had no issues until this change. I have not found any discussion of this particular problem, and am baffled as to how we can fix it.

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 8 Access 2013
    Considering all of the facts, it seems like a bug. When I first read this thread, I started to think of a recent post where a user experienced the same error message. However, the operating systems and Access versions differ. So I put that idea on the back burner. Now, considering the fact that your db's are not split, the issue in the other thread may be worth visiting.
    https://www.accessforums.net/program...ave-57353.html

Using my imagination, perhaps something ran amok with the convenient upgrade to W10 option provided by Microsoft. This is a new thing that Microsoft is doing. Obviously, upgrading Windows is nothing new. However, it has been explained to me, the W10 upgrade process has been rebuilt from the ground up and it is a different animal. Perhaps there are some commonalities between the other thread and the issues you are experiencing with your systems.

If you are using macros and or embedded macros, I would try rebuilding them by deleting them, first. If you have any VBA, I would save the VBA to a text editor and rebuild the module's. You might try compiling the VBA, first. It may be as simple as the VBA does not understand a reference. After compilation, check for broken references.

LynnP is offline Novice
    Thanks, ItsMe - the link info is certainly worth considering.

Rivanni is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    The problem has nothing to do with Office 365,which is just a license form. The Access version installed is the same as if you buy a regular version of Office.
    There are minor differences between the file formats of the different Access version, even though they are all accdb.
    Also some functionality was deleted in Access 2013 and again in 2016. Maybe just something you use.
    You have to walk trough your code when you do the things you do when Access crashes. Do some debugging.
    Do you gave problems with other databases as well?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.