shod90 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 8 Access 2016

Lightbulb Need help in timesheet application

Dear Gents,
    I've been working on my project for 2 weeks ago ,
    i did several items there but i got stuck in many steps
    I created a table for Employees called "EmployeesTable" contains "EmpID / First Name / LastName / Password / Department"
    another table called "Main Table" Which is the main form for the users to enter the data in it contains " RecordID/EmpID/EmployeeName/ProjectID/WorkItems/Description/Date/Hours"
    and another for project contains "ProjectID/ProjectName"

I have WelcomePage which is responsible for Username and Password and another form called MainPage which is the main window for users to enter the data in it.
    Now um stuck in the following items:
    1- I need to link the username which the user has entered in the welcome screen with the second form which is the main form so that any record the user typed will be only for that user.
    2- I need subform with a datasheet to show what the user typed in the form , So that if he did a typo then he can edit the last record in the subform.
    3- I need users to changes their own password.
    4- i need to set a criteria if the total hours in the day < 8 hours then submit button will be dimmed. else the submit button is enabled .

Sorry in advance for the long post , But these requirements really going to make me crazy sooon
    Attached is the project file .
    thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by RuralGuy; 01-03-2016 at 07:36 AM. Reason: converted attachment to zip file

RuralGuy is offline Administrator
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013
    If you would do a Compact and Repair of the db and then ZIP it up, there is a 2 MB limit for zip files which as you can see yours easily fit into.

Windows 8 Access 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by RuralGuy View Post
    If you would do a Compact and Repair of the db and then ZIP it up, there is a 2 MB limit for zip files which as you can see yours easily fit into.
    Ah , Thanks for the info , Still um new on access and don't know that option

pbaldy is offline Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    I can't look at the attachment right now, but for 1 I would hide rather than close the login form and have the default value property of the user textbox on the second form refer to it. You can also use it to filter forms and reports to the logged in user.
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

Windows 8 Access 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by pbaldy View Post
    I can't look at the attachment right now, but for 1 I would hide rather than close the login form and have the default value property of the user textbox on the second form refer to it. You can also use it to filter forms and reports to the logged in user.
    Dear Pbaldy ,
    Your reply is really coooool .. let me try this and i'll get back to you with the results soon .. My Appreciation

Windows XP Access 2007
    No problem and welcome to the site by the way!
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

Windows 8 Access 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by pbaldy View Post
    No problem and welcome to the site by the way!
    Thanks buddy
    Actually i tried your idea and it works but it works on the change password form , But on the main form which is the data entry form i can't do it.
    My question here how can i limit the user to input the data ONLY in his profile , How can i link between the username in the first form to the second form without editing the username field in the second form .
    Because i tried to change the default value in the change password form and it has been changed ! , So it's useless for my requirements , Maybe it can be used in greeting form , Such as " Welcome back , User " .
    So can you please help me to limit the user to input only in his records in the employee table .

Conclusion ,
    here is the first form
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WelcomePage.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	37.3 KB 
ID:	23246
    when the user type in the username and password it should go to that form
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Main Page.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	139.3 KB 
ID:	23247

I need to dim out or make the Employee ID and Name combo boxes are not editable so that he is forced to enter only in his records in the main table , But now if he selected any user from Employee ID combo box it will be selected and can enter the data for another Employee !!
    Also i need the subform on the right to show all the records for that specific user depends on the user name ,, and when he input the data and click update he should see it on the right
    Last edited by shod90; 01-04-2016 at 04:56 AM. Reason: Changing images size

Windows XP Access 2007
    I would disable or lock the employee control(s) on the main form and let them pick up the value from the hidden login form. You can base the subform on a query that uses the login form in the criteria.
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.