kagoodwin13 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013

Report Drill Down - Click On Report Result, Open Form and Populate Field

Similar request to this thread: https://www.accessforums.net/reports...pen-45598.html

Report Name: rDashboard
    Form Name: fUpdateProjectStatus
    Primary Table: tProject

I would like to click on the Project Name in the report, open the form, and load the related project information in the update form.

I already have some automation rules, so that After Update, the other fields run a DLookup command to auto-update from information in the table tProject.

Code:
    Private Sub cmCustomer_AfterUpdate()
    Me.cmProjectName = DLookup("ProjectName", "tProject", "CustomerID= " & "cmCustomer")
    Me.cmProjectPhase = DLookup("ProjectPhase", "tProject", "ProjectName= " & "cmProjectName")
    Me.cmProjectCompletionRisk = DLookup("ProjectCompletionRisk", "tProject", "ProjectName= " & "cmProjectName")
    Me.txProjectNotes = DLookup("ProjectNotes", "tProject", "ProjectName= " & "cmProjectName")
    End Sub
    In the report, in an OnClick command, I have this line:

Code:
    DoCmd.OpenForm "fUpdateProjectStatus", , , "cmCustomer = '" & Me.CustomerID & "'"
    I was hoping this line would open the form, enter the desired value into cmCustomer, and start the cmCustomer_AfterUpdate command. However, no value is entered into cmCustomer. The form opens, but nothing else happens.

Any help?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rDashboard.png 
Views:	11 
Size:	293.0 KB 
ID:	22972

Name:	fUpdateProjectStatus.png 
Views:	11 
Size:	243.2 KB 
ID:	22973

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    I am confused. If the form is opened filtered to a specific CustomerID, why would you need to populate this value into field? It should already be there.

Is cmCustomer a field name or combobox name? The OpenForm WHERE ARGUMENT should reference a field in the criteria, not a combobox.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

The form is unbound. Does this type of command require a form bound to a record source? DoCmd.OpenForm "fUpdateProjectStatus", , , "cmCustomer = '" & Me.CustomerID & "'"

cmCustomer name is a combobox. I'm guessing I can't enter a value into the combo box from a report field?

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Using the WHERE CONDITION argument requires a bound form, otherwise, what should the filter criteria apply to?

Code can pass the CustomerID by using the OpenForm OpenArgs argument and then set the value of the unbound combobox.

DoCmd.OpenForm "fUpdateProjectStatus", , , , , , Me.CustomerID

Then code behind the form:

Me.cmCustomer = Me.OpenArgs
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Genius as always, June7!

After opening the form, I did have to insert the DLookup commands again to fill in the rest.

Report:
    Code:
    Private Sub ProjectName_Click()
    DoCmd.OpenForm "fUpdateProjectStatus", , , , , , Me.CustomerID
    End Sub
    Form:
    Code:
    Private Sub Form_Load()
    Me.cmCustomer = Me.OpenArgs
    Me.cmProjectName = DLookup("ProjectName", "tProject", "CustomerID= " & "cmCustomer")
    Me.cmProjectPhase = DLookup("ProjectPhase", "tProject", "ProjectName= " & "cmProjectName")
    Me.cmProjectCompletionRisk = DLookup("ProjectCompletionRisk", "tProject", "ProjectName= " & "cmProjectName")
    Me.txProjectNotes = DLookup("ProjectNotes", "tProject", "ProjectName= " & "cmProjectName")
    End Sub
    Completed form:

Name:	fUpdateProjectStatus-complete.png 
Views:	7 
Size:	188.2 KB 
ID:	22980

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.