lld812 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Use a combo box to input data (from a different table) into forms below and save to a diff table.

Basically I set up a simple database to keep track of my customers and I would like to set up another table to schedule rides (I run a transit). I would like for there to be a drop down box on the ride scheduler page where I can select the customers already stored name, have the information I want (such as name, address phone number) inputted into some forms below (which will be labeled name, address, phone number) so all I have to add is the ride time, destination, and route name. Then I would save this to a different table. So I would have two tables, one for customer info and one for ride information.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	abcdefgaaaaa.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	85.1 KB 
ID:	22892

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    The customer info would not be saved into the Rides table, only the customer ID. You can display the customer info on the Rides data input form but do not allow edit of the customer info on this form.

The customer combobox can have multiple columns that contain all the customer info. Then expressions in textboxes can reference the columns of the combobox if you want to display this info outside the combobox.

If you need to add a new customer while entering ride info, review https://www.accessforums.net/access/...ate-55139.html
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

lld812 is offline Novice
    Ok I kind of understand but I will try to rephrase the questions.

I would like to have a form called Rider Data and have basically all the same forms as the Customer Information form. I would like to have a combo box at the top where I can select the customers information. This would then input the data in the fields from the Customer Information Form fields to the Rider Data form fields. I would then add additional fields in the Rider Data form such as rider date and destination. I would then like to save all of this information to the Ridership Data table. Is this possible?

June7 is offline VIP
    It is possible but why would you duplicate the customer info in the Ridership table?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

lld812 is offline Novice

Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    It is possible but why would you duplicate the customer info in the Ridership table?
    What I'm trying to do is create a form where I can use a combobox to select a riders data when they call to schedule a ride and then enter a couple new data entry fields such as time of call, pickup location , pickup time , and route name so it saves in a separate table where I can keep track of rides scheduled.

June7 is offline VIP
    I am confused. Select customer from combobox. This saves the CustomerID into ride record. Enter other ride info. What else is necessary?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.