Rpschwar is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Form with crosstab query

I've got a crosstab query that returns students and there attendance record over a 4 week period. I want to display the data in a form but can not bound the details to the query. I can only bound the ID field. The date fields do not show up when I try to change the control source to each date returned from the query. I can do this if I create a report because I can unbound the 4 date fields and fill them in the Detail Format section. In a form there is no detail format section. The crosstab query returns something like:
    Student ID Week1 Week2 Week3 Week4
    1 x x x
    2 x x x x
    3 x x
    How would I get that to display in a form?

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Not sure what you mean by 'unbound the 4 date fields and fill them'. You are using code to set ControlSource property?

Here is example of dynamic crosstab reporting monthly date pivot http://www.fmsinc.com/MicrosoftAcces...ort/index.html

Possibly adaptable for your weekly requirement. How do you assign the week identifier?

Why need to display in form?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

I know how to get it to work in a report because you can use the detail_format sub to put in the column data but you don’t have that option on a form. I can only use bound fields from the student profile table and can’t use bound to the attendance table. The date range could change.

So I can do something after it is displayed without having to move from form to report back to form

aytee111 is offline Competent At Times
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit
    Create a form based on the query. In the header part have the date range for the user to enter. In the AfterUpdate of both the From and To date textboxes, set the filter based on those fields. The details of the form will be based on the query - student name, week1, week2, week3, week4. Those field names will be based on what is in the query.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.