Benfieldf is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

Emailing - Attachment is Blank

Hoping someone can help me??

I have a database built in Access (03) and have a button to email individual spreadsheets to certain people. Normally I click the email button on there page it opens up an outlook message with the attachment. Well for a week now when I do this the attachment is blank. Anyone know why this would be happening and how do I fix it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am at a total loss..

TIA

Rawb is offline Expert
    Windows XP Access 2000
    What file type is the attachment? What's the VBA Code you're using to attach the file?

Also, assuming you're trying to attach the results of a Report or Query, are they always empty or just when you try to attach them (if you view your Query as a Datasheet or your Report in Layout View, does anything show up)?

Additionally, what program are you using for E-mail and have you had any problems with it recently? Has it recently been patched?

Benfieldf is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawb View Post
    What file type is the attachment? What's the VBA Code you're using to attach the file?

Also, assuming you're trying to attach the results of a Report or Query, are they always empty or just when you try to attach them (if you view your Query as a Datasheet or your Report in Layout View, does anything show up)?

Additionally, what program are you using for E-mail and have you had any problems with it recently? Has it recently been patched?
    I didn't build the database I am using so I am not sure what the VBA, to be perfectly honest I don't have much knowledge of Access I just know how to use what was built for me.

Yes if I look at attachment in a print view or layout view all information is there.

My email is Outlook 03, I don't believe any patches or such have been done lately to email. However they did have to come give me a new computer and this only started after they gave me the new one..

I know I am not alot of help. Sorry

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.