gangel is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Line on bottom of report table placement!

Hey people.

I dont know the best way to show, maybe ill upload a pdf, but ill try to explain my situation:

1."Line at bottom"
    I have a report, with "Grouped by InvoiceID".

The report generates maybe about 20 invoices each time it is run.

The line items of the invoice are in a table with ONLY outside borders, therefore the the InvoiceID footer has a single line on it, so that when the last detail item is written the line shows up and ends the table.

I cant put a bottom border on the detail section, because we dont want every record to have a bored line below it.

NOW, the issue is that when you go to 2 pages, there is no line at the bottom of the page on page 1, as the InvoiceID grouping hasnt ended, and is going to another page.

Ideas? ty for any help you can give.

2. "Total at bottom"
    I have the totals for the invoice in the Page Footer.
    I originally had in the InvoiceID Footer, however the business owner wants the invoice total to appear down the bottom right of page, not below the end of the table, therefore the companys always have to look in the same place for the invoice total.
    Therefore I moved from invoice Footer to Page footer.

This is all great, however once again, when the invoice goes to TWO pages, the Invoice Total appears on BOTH pages... instead of just page 1 of invoice ID.

So really, i either need "Page footer only appears on last of the invoice ID pages each time" or "Invoice ID footer appears just above page footer"

I have no idea how to achieve these features and have so far said "I can't do that" to my boss... but I'm willing to learn if there are any ideas out there

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 8 Access 2013
    You might want to look into placing a line in the footer of a Group. Also, look into the Keep Together and Force New Page properties.

When I want to display data within an unbound textbox that is not in a group header or footer, I will use VBA. I will use variables. The variables may need to be declared in the Report Module's Header. I will use the On Format of the header/footer to assign the variable to the Unbound Control.

gangel is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    Thanks ItsMe,

Still no luck as of yet with the line issue

Trying to figure out how to implement this idea, even of putting a line at the bottom of the group.. Because it isnt the end of any group that ends that page... it is just the end of the page.

I can't however have the line on the page footer as the info/table doesnt always reach the bottom of the page!!

Do i need 2 reports.... One for tables bigger than 15 records which means 2 pages!??

It jsut seems weird that you can't "close a table" at the end of the page.

Should I be looking into putting a subreport into the detail section which is page sized or something??

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 8 Access 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by gangel View Post
    It jsut seems weird that you can't "close a table" at the end of the page....
    I sometimes struggle with the same issue when creating reports. The first thing I usually do is look at the difference between the properties of a footer and the detail section. Maybe adding a Group would be helpful. Make sure you are looking at the little window at the bottom of the Report Designer where you manage groups. There is a little button you can click labeled, "More". Selecting options from here can make a difference, like include footer, include header, keep together. Another thing I do is try using a combination of Footer and Header properties from various groups. Look in the Property Sheet as well as the expanded options in the little Group window at the bottom of the page.

In the end, dedicating two reports, using sub reports, etc. may be options you will need to consider, too. Understand it is not as straight forward or as intuitive as you might expect it to be.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.