Squirrel1804 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Angry Unbound Object Frame Shrinks Data When Edited

Hi All,

I really hope someone can help me with this because I am completely lost for a solution.

I have an Unbound Object Frame in an Access Form. Looks fine as it is, however I have to update it. So I double chick the Object and edit what needs to be done. When I get back out of the object everything shrinks (see 2nd image). Can anyone tell me how to fix this? Because at the moment everything I edit shrinks and then I have to spend extra time resizing the table to the proper size, which I really dont have time for and it's very frustrating to do. The same thing happens in the Report as well.
    Oh and the kicker is this happens on some computers but doesnt happen on others
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture1.JPG 
Views:	11 
Size:	73.5 KB 
ID:	22630

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture2.JPG 
Views:	11 
Size:	67.3 KB 
ID:	22631

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 8 Access 2010 32bit
    Assuming the object you refer to is the heading and boxing is probably resizing itself depending on the screen resolution. Why not just use labels and lines? You may have your reasons but you seem to have chosen a complex way of managing a simple problem

I am not great with Access and coding is not my thing so please excuse my ignorance.
    I've got to set up a report to look like an old word document which had tables where data was added for each part of the equipment testing. Isnt it easier to have a table then add 100's of lines to create the same effect?
    What does the screen resolution have to do with it?

Oh my God Ajax you are a friggin legend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I have absolutely no idea what you were talking about in regards to me doing things the difficult way or why you were talking about screen resolution but I thought the screen resolution was something I could at least look into and you were right. My resolution was at 125% and the other persons computer was 100%. So I changed mine to 100% and now I dont have the problem anymore. Thank you so much. I only just came back to work after maternity leave and this has been an issue for the last 3 weeks that I've been here with no one knowing how to fix it, which includes out IT Department. You have just made my week. Thank you again

CJ_London is offline VIP
    sometimes it's the simplest things

My only issue now is that the font is tiny on my laptop screen. Is there anyway to change that without changing the screen resolution and stuffing up Access again?

CJ_London is offline VIP
    font size is a property for a control that use text so can be changed - if you are talking about the unbound object control, then no, you can't - solution would be as I suggested in post #2 - use labels and lines

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.