ittechguy is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 8 Access 2013

"Enter Parameter Value" after changing from design view to form view on Navigation Form

I've been getting "Enter Parameter value" for BuildingPK and RoomPK in a navigation form. If I hit enter for both fields, I will see "NAME?" in the txtBuildingPK and txtRoomPK. Then after a few seconds it goes away and displays the real names as it should. After some troubleshooting, I've found it only happens after I go into design view and click on the "Customers" tab, then change back to form view. It doesn't do that when I'm switching from layout view to form view.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	designview.png 
Views:	13 
Size:	33.6 KB 
ID:	22547

I'm thinking it has something to do with how when going from design to form view, the current open tab changes from Customers to Rooms. Where as when switching from layout to form view, the open tab stays at Customers.

...Whats the best way to fix this? I understand the users won't see this because they won't go into design view, but its annoying for me.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Don't think you can. But then I never use navigation form because of their aggravations.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

ittechguy is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 8 Access 2013
    What would you suggest as an alternative... build a similar form from scratch?

I like how centrally located everything can be with navigation forms.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    I understand their appeal, but introduced after I learned Access and never found situation I felt really needed one. I build form with subforms on Tab control.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Missinglinq is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    Richmond (Virginia, not North Yorkshire!)
    The problems usually encountered with Navigation Forms, as I understand it, is that all other Forms then become Subforms of the Nav Form, and have to be referenced as such, which certainly complicates things. A 'role-your-own' menu Form is the way I always go for this kind of thing.

Linq ;0)>
    The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.