Zinger is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2013

Add sub form in Report to calculate (discount, consumption tax, Travel allowance in Invoice Report)

Hi everyone! I am a newbie in MS ACCESS. So let me explain it in baby steps.

I have 3 forms:

First form describes client information (Which has> ClientID, name, address...)
    Second form describes service information (Which has> ServiceID, TypeofServices, price, quantity, Subtotal, ClientID)

Third form describes RateForm (Which has> RateID, Date, Discount, consumptiontax, travelallowance, ClientID)

i create form and subforms which looks pretty. I would like to create an invoice report based on this 3 forms. The problem start to third forms. So how can i get those values in invoice report which is coming from third form and perform the operation linked in Second form?

I want my invoice report to do these operations.

SUBTOTAL = $ 1000
    Consumption Tax = 1%
    travel allowance = 7%
    Discount = 8%

TOTAL TO PAY = $ 1000

i tried inputBox to insert manual in report. it worked but when i click to preview no value was showing. I even tried to use sql function to select from table Rate_tb nothing worked. Any suggest is welcome

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Reports are not intended to be interactive. Reports should be built with report objects, not forms. Forms are not intended for printing but can be made to.

Don't really understand purpose of InputBox. InputBox generated by what - VBA code, parameterized query?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Zinger is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2013
    Yes, i was using vba code to open inputbox only for writing directly to the report.
    the 3 forms are used for input information. The Report invoice was created via Query it looks fine without RateQuery.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    I don't know enough about your database to understand "it looks fine without RateQuery".

How is value of and InputBox transferred to report? Never tried this.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.