spokanedrs is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2010 64bit

Looking for a Shortcut to Auto Correct options Access 2010

Hello. I have reinstalled Access 2010 due to a computer malfunction. I had customized my Dictionary with about 2000 abbreviations for medical specific words: gast for Gastroenterology for instance. Saves tons of typing. I have never been able to save my dictionary just in case something like this happens. And, It's happened before. I may have saved(unsure) once, but it was years ago on Access XP-2003, somewhere in that time frame and was never able to find it if I did. So I am reentering all these words again. It would sure be nice to be able to add them by Anything! but going File/Options/Proofing/AutoCorrect Options and then entering my shortcuts. that's 4 steps each time. It would seem to me that if you can add the Auto-Correct icon in Word to the Word ribbon, Access should be able to do this. There is no icon i can find in Customize Ribbons/ All Commands. My Word Dictionary does not -never has- synced with Access' Dictionary. So any help solving this problem(s)would be greatly appreciated. I've always loved Access, using it since 1995 I think. My entire business is pretty much run from Access. This is the only problem/fault I have ever had with it. Thanks for all the help. Dave

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Maybe build your own. Review http://vbadud.blogspot.com/2008/07/a...t-entries.html

However, that example is for Excel. I am not finding the AddReplacement method in Access.

This https://support.office.com/en-us/art...rs=en-US&ad=US says the list is global across Office programs. So if you use VBA behind Excel or Word to edit the dictionary, Access should see it. Nice theory?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Sorry. I have absolutely no idea what VBA is,. You're talking to a "driver" of the computer, not a "mechanic". Code is something I come down with in the winter(funny). It might say the list is Global but auto-correct words in my Word dictionary are ignored by my Access. Always have been. Thanks anyway.

You are Magic! Auto-correct IS Global! Who Knew??..don't know why it never worked for me before. I guess I stopped trying some time ago. However, an autocorrect button on the ribbon would still be ideal. Please lead me by the hand if you will, and show me how to save a dictionary; so hopefully I won't have to do this every time I upgrade/update/reinstall etc. I assume it's a file I could save to an external drive. Thanks for all the help, Dave

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.