Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ThornofSouls is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013
    I believe it will take a while to get through this, however i will do.
    If you know any good video examples as well on this, i would appreciate it much. New things sink in much easier when i can watch someone do the procedure.

Anyway, Thx for the help June7.

I can let you know when i have the filters functional or if i get stuck on the way, and now i fill first set focus one another form which behaves strange, or well it dos as it should but not the way i would like it to be. :P

//Thorn.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Sorry, don't know any video examples. You can download sample db from the referenced link.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

orange is offline Moderator
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    Have you tried Youtube MsAccess Filter on Form or MSAccess Filter By Form or some combination? There are many videos that can help.

Yes i have been looking around on youtube, there is quite a lot material there, thus harder to find a video there it is well explained.
    Thx for the tip Orange.

I also believe i have found what it's call, of what i'm trying to do. "Filter a Form on a Field in a Subform". Then i guess i should be able to change the subforms recordsource with a certain command. I have a query which would do the filter i want. Then i just have to feed the filter with the new string or integer when the query needs to be required.

This is the query i have for the filter.
    Code:
        Dim SQL As String
                SQL = "SELECT tblErrand.ErrandID, tblErrand.ClientID, tblErrand.DatumAtgStart, tblErrand.DatumAtgSlut, tblErrand.Oro, tblErrand.Ansvarig " _
                        & "FROM tblErrand WHERE (((tblErrand.ClientID)=" & Me.OpenArgs & "));"
                Me.subFrmClientEventSummery.Form.RecordSource = SQL
                Me.subFrmClientEventSummery.Form.Requery
    However when i have tried this the form load the form-header and the body is blank. I guess this means i haven't feeded the query with the proper string or integer, or i do not access the subform correctly or it could be both. Then i'm not sure from which control i should access the subform. Thus i think it would be the "afterUpdate" event.

I checked the sample db June7, it is a really useful filter this not what i'm looking for right now. However it will soon enough
    I'm nut sure where i will place a search from like this one now but that will probably solve itself meanwhile the db is taking from.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    It still isn't clear to me what you are trying to do but this thread might be discussing what you want https://www.accessforums.net/access/...ues-56115.html
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

I manage to get i working now. I found that the relationship between the subform and mainform was incorrect so i corrected that. Then i simply could follow your advice and it worked.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.