I cut and paste data from a local paper, which is in PDF format, dealing with local criminal activity and other charges. I then paste this data into excel giving me a single line for each entry of data that looks like this:

NAME of person, AGE, Address, City, their Charges, Date charged

I have established a dbase in which my tables are:

tbl_perp (for the perpetrator)
tbl_address
tbl_city
tbl_crime

Tables "Address", "city", and "crime" are all linked to tbl_perp with each having the FK of PerpID.

My main form FRM_PERP, with subforms SUBFRM_Address and SUBFRM_Crime, is working as designed with no problems to date.

tbl_perp has fields: perpid (PK), Lname, Fname, MName, AGE, Sex
tbl_Address has fields: addressid (PK), Street, City, State, Zipcode, County, perpid (FK)
** I have the State, Zipcode, and County auto-populate when the city is selected from a combo box that is pulling information from tbl_city

tbl_city has fields: cityid (PK), city, state, zipcode, county, perpid (FK)

tbl_crime has fields: crimeid (PK), crime, perpid (FK)

THE DELIMMA.

How do I take the excel sheet information and properly import that data into my dbase such that it would split the data into the appropriate TABLE and FIELD?

You can contact me at tony.stowe@us.army.mil and for those with suggestions I greatly appreciate your time. The down turn to a no solution is an enormous amount of hand-jamming the data.

Thanks

Tony