NickG is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013

Microsoft Access can't send this email message using Microsoft Access 2013 Runtime

I have a macro built to email the current record and it works great when using Access but when the rest of the people using the database using Microsoft Access 2013 Runtime i receive an error "Before attempting to send an e-mail message from Microsoft Access, resolve the problem identified in the previous message, or configure your computer to send and receive email messages." outlook is set up and receiving and sending fine. I believe it to be the Microsoft Access 2013 Runtime causing the issue.

Please any help would be Great

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    All persons are using the EXACT version of Outlook?

(it could be a kink in the runtime, since my users could not use control Excel, like you're using Outlook)

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 8 Access 2013
    I do not use Macros but I would be concerned what version of Access the macro was created in. You mentioned the clients are using RT 2013. What version of Access was used to develop the app and create the Macro?

NickG is offline Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsMe View Post
    I do not use Macros but I would be concerned what version of Access the macro was created in. You mentioned the clients are using RT 2013. What version of Access was used to develop the app and create the Macro?
    2013 Home and Business both 64 bit

Windows 8 Access 2013
    Perhaps the Macro is looking for a specific Outlook Account that is not available on the other computers? What does Macro mean to you? In Access, a Macro is not VBA code. Perhaps the best thing to do is to use VBA to automate Outlook or use a built in VBA function or method to send an email.

NickG is offline Novice
    Private Sub cmdEmailIssue_Click()
    DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord
    DoCmd.SetFilter "", "[tblContact]![ID]=[Forms]![frmContactBrittani]![ID]", ""
    DoCmd.SendObject acForm, "frmContactBrittani", "PDFFormat(*.pdf)", "", "", "", "Immediate Response", "", True, ""
    DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdRemoveFilterSort

End Sub

Now it is giving a runtime error.

any help would be great i apologize i am not great with vba has been a few years since i had done vba

Windows 8 Access 2013
    It is giving you an error in the Full version of Access? What does the error say? Which line is causing the exception? You can click OK at the time of the Run Time error to launch the debugger.

Perhaps you can leave off the last argument in the Send Object method. This argument is looking for a path to a template. The parameter is of type Variant. Passing it an empty string will change it from being an empty state and might cause the Method to look for a path.
    Code:
    DoCmd.SendObject acForm, "frmContactBrittani", "PDFFormat(*.pdf)", "", "", "", "Immediate Response", "", True

NickG is offline Novice
    it is not giving me any error in the full version and it would not let me remove the last argument

Windows 8 Access 2013
    Is any code running in the clients with RT? You need to allow Macros and Code to run. When the app launches in RT, you should get a prompt to accept the risk. What happens if you place a message box in the On Load event of the form that launches with the app?
    MsgBox "Hello World"

NickG is offline Novice
    form loads fine and the rest of the functionality of the database works. just when trying to email the single form is when the error occurs. and yes when initial loading it gives the warning

Windows 8 Access 2013
    I just tested the following in an accdr
    DoCmd.SendObject acForm, "frmContactBrittani", "PDFFormat(*.pdf)", "", "", "", "Immediate Response", "", True, ""

I did not have any issues. Perhaps Outlook is launching a dialog box that is not realized by the user. I still do not know what the error message is saying when you are using VBA in RT.

Also, I had no problem with the following
    DoCmd.SendObject acForm, "frmContactBrittani", "PDFFormat(*.pdf)", "", "", "", "Immediate Response", "", True

NickG is offline Novice

NickG is offline Novice
    Would it make a difference i am trying to use the RT on other workstations, is it trying to open "my" outlook and not their own?

Windows 8 Access 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by NickG View Post
    ...is it trying to open "my" outlook and not their own?
    No, it is not. I was trying to make sense of why the Macro was causing an issue when I suggested that. However, the VBA you are using is not looking for a specific name for an Outlook account.

I suggest you do as I did and create a new, sample Access file. Copy a small table into your new DB for testing purposes. Create a form and name it, "frmContactBrittani". Bind your form to the table and place your code behind a command button. Test the new app in the RT environment.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.