peasoup42 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013

Yes/No selected to show certain entries on form

First, I'm a babe when it comes to Access. I've never worked with it and avoided it at all costs by using Excel when I could. I now have a requirement that I'm forced to keep record of events. Within each event, I have one and/or multiple resources that are used. In each resource used I have data entries that must appear on the final report of each event.

What I've created so far is a form for data entry, for simpleness, I've titled that form "Add Event". It contains the identifying information for the event (event number, title, date, time, internal data destination). It also currently contains the 20 possible resources that can be used by the event and the resources are listed with a Yes/no Data Type (check box).

QUESTION #1-
    My goal is this, for ONLY those resources with Yes/no that is a "Yes", I would like to have what I believe is a sub-form appear where I can enter further details associated with that resource. The Tuned Freq, Data Rate, and Signal Modulation are text format entries. Example of this sub-form with Resource #1 selected (sorry I had to add dashes to space them out):

Resource #1 - Combined ----------------------------------External Data Destination (these will be titled, Yes/No Date format, any combination of the 5)
    Tuned Freq-------Data Rate-------Signal Modulation -----#1-----#2-----#3-----#4-----#5

Resource #1 - Left -----------------------------------------External Data Destination

Tuned Freq-------Data Rate-------Signal Modulation------#1-----#2-----#3-----#4-----#5

Resource #1 - Right----------------------------------------External Data Destination
    Tuned Freq-------Data Rate-------Signal Modulation------#1-----#2-----#3-----#4-----#5

**Note: if any part of the "Combined" has data entries, both the "Left" and "Right" must be shaded/blocked from accepting data. And vice/versa, any entry in "Left" or "Right" blocks out the "Combined" entries.

If I can figure out this part, I can easily just cut/paste for the remaining 237 resources.

I greatly appreciate it.

I'd like to avoid VBA if possible, the server this file is on doesn't chew on that or macros very well due to security settings. :-(

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    If you have a yes/no field for each 'resource', that is not a normalized data structure and will likely cause you lots of difficulty.

Really need to know more about the data structure. If you want to provide db for analysis, follow instructions at bottom of my post.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.