NGFLNG1 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

How to move controls separate on a form when in design view

Hi All,

How do I move the controls separate on a form while in design view? i.e., I want to separate the label from the control source. I am trying to line them up on the form so I have to spread some of them out so the labels can be read while in "form view".

Thx in advance.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Select a control then click little grey box in upper left corner and can move individually.

Also can resize controls by clicking and dragging on the other corners or middle of edges.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    That will work if they are not part of a group, otherwise ngfling1 will have to remove them from the grouping.
    I want to separate the label from the control source
    You have to select only the label of the control (where the control is not part of a group) and hit DELETE, then immediately paste it back onto the form or report. It will likely appear at the far left and you will be able to re-position it. However, detaching a label from a control means that it is no longer part of the control's collection (a label is Controls(0) member of a textbox's collection, for example). I'd say it's rare that anyone needs this functionality, but I have used it in a custom calendar form.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Oops, I forgot about layout grouping - I NEVER use this. The design wizards always set up controls in layout group and I avoid the wizards. To remove layout grouping, select all the controls, right click > Layout > Remove.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

NGFLNG1 is offline Novice
    Thanks everyone. I didn't know you had to click first on the gray box. But now I know to also be aware of group layouts.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.