BLFOSTER is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2003

One User Sees # where others see calculation results

I have just distributed an accde. When the file opens, the home page has text boxes that calculate. All the user's, except ONE, see the results of the calculations and everything is working beautifully. This one user sees # where the calculations are being performed. Do you know why that would happen and how I can fix it? Have tried re-downloading, checked references......I really have no idea!

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    what is the calculation?
    is it from a query or in a text box setting?

Windows XP Access 2003
    Hi. One is a DLookup =DLookUp("CountOfActivityID","MyQuery","ActivityID = Forms!Form21!form3new.form![ActivityTableID]") the others are referring to the values of text boxes on a subform that count records based on criteria. Since it is only the ONE user, could it have something to do with how Access was set up when it was installed on his machine?

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    That usually means the box is too small to display the value. Maybe because of screen resolution.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows XP Access 2003
    Thank you. I will check that out. Even the boxes that do not have value have #signs, plus the values are only single digits, so I am thinking that is not it.....it is Access 2013. Maybe it's a "trusted" folder issue?

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    Your form!... Path to activity ID should be outside the quotes.

June7 is offline VIP
    So I would have thought, but OP says only one user shows the issue. I have seen before where including form path within quotes will work. Access seems to evaluate the reference. However, just for grins try:

=DLookUp("CountOfActivityID", "MyQuery", "ActivityID = " & Forms!Form21!form3new.form![ActivityTableID])
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows XP Access 2003
    Well, that didn't work. I now have 3 users - all on Access 2013 - who opened the accde the first time with Macros Disabled. They all have the same result....error signs where calculations are being performed and also are unable to navigate due to error message: the expression you entered on click.....(whatever whatever). After enabling the macros, no change. Putting a new copy of the accde on their workstations - no change. Any ideas?

June7 is offline VIP
    Sorry, I've never used accde file.

Are users using Runtime or do they have Access installed? Can you test accdb file on their computers?

Windows XP Access 2003
    Access is installed on each computer. I will try loading the accdb and see what happens. Maybe create the accde for them from the DB on their machine.....let you know!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.