BigD is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Getting error "your network access was interrupted. To continue close database, and then open again

I changed some code and now I'm getting the error "your network access was interrupted. To continue close database, and then open again."

I am positive this is due to my code not completing. The system thinks the database is open when it actually is not. I created the code to check the username against active directory and to shut down if user is unknown. Its been working fine. The problem occurred when I moved two lines of code to hide the navigation pane from the end user to become the first event. It should not have affected anything, but now I am getting the network interruption error when I try to open my application back up. It will not let me into my database to fix the code. Does anyone have a solution? I have a copy of the database, but I have added several items in my database and I do not want to go back to my copy and recreate the objects I added that was working.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    So you are coding against the possibility someone has gotten through your network firewall and is now trying to open this db?

Such a user would probably be aware of shift key bypass and not even allow your code to execute. Have you tried opening the db with shift key bypass?

I take it on faith that anyone who logged in through the network is a valid user of the db. The db is split and frontend is only on valid user computers. Direct access to network folders is restricted.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

BigD is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    Yes I am aware of the shift key bypass. Not really concerned with that. It's an in network control which I will add code to disable bypass at a later time. Bypass does not work for this error.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Make sure Access process is not running in Task Manager then try opening with shift key. Other than importing objects to a new db, don't know how you can get around the code. Is the code behind a form?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.