Kim Whatever is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Settings on computer for Access Functionality - HELP!!!

I am sure that there is a simple yet unobvious (at least to me) setting that is different on my computer compared to others in my office. We have a database that has function buttons (update queries - that post converted times and does multiplication) - it works fine on most computers in our office but these buttons do NOT WORK on my computer.... Any ideas????

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    None at all.

What does 'do not work' mean - error message, wrong results, nothing happens?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Rawb is offline Expert
    If absolutely nothing happens when you try to run a Macro, Update/Insert/Delete Query, or VBA code then it could be that your Trust Center settings aren't set up properly. By default Access only trusts databases located in certain Folders. If you haven't added your database to the Trusted Locations, Access will block anything that tries to modify data in the database or run VBA code.

Additionally, if you are actually running a 64bit version of Access (and if the others are using 32bit versions), it could also be a compatibility issue. Try installing a 32bit copy of Access and see if that solves the problem.

June7 is online now VIP
    Oooh yeah, trust - are you seeing a "Macros Blocked" message at top of the application?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.