Fed17 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013

Access Runtime 2010 and Office 2013

Hi, is anyone successfully running the Access Runtime 2010 with Access 2013 installed on the same machine? When I do this they fight back and forth with one breaking the other and usually a lengthy auro-repair being kicked off.

If you are currently, could you be kind enough to tell me what the registry key value HKCR\Access.Application\CurVer (default) is set to please? Mine without runtime installed is "Access.Application.15" but with runtime installed changed to "Access.Application.14" but the next time you launch Access 2013 it's repairing itself.

Thanks!

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    I have almost gone down this route before. I was able to avoid it and simply have 2013 launch the FE file. So, if your DB is not split, I would consider this route and then just get your FE file to work with 2013.

Back to your question, I was going to create a special shortcut and attempt to edit the Start In property of the shortcut. So the path in the shortcut would direct to the 2010 RT and not the Default for Access file types. The path would look something like.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\MSACCESS.EXE " C:\Folder\FileName.extension
    You will have to play around with the quotes and stuff. Every time I try to create custom shortcuts, the process changes. I would try using the Start In field and not use any quotes at all. Windows may add the necessary quotes for you.

Fed17 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013
    Thanks for the reply. I can't seem to make a shortcut work as any time I call Office14\MSaccess.exe it initiates a repair and changes the HKCR reg key back to Office 14 (which again breaks 2013). Our database developers aren't able to make any changes to the ADP and ADE to work with 2013 any time soon, so I'm left with finding a solution with the Runtime. Not sure where to go from here.

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Quote Originally Posted by Fed17 View Post
    I can't seem to make a shortcut work as any time I call Office14\MSaccess.exe...
    I have not tried it lately but it should not have any affect on the root. There should be separate keys (within the Machine and User directory) for each version of Office. For instance, If you choose "Open With" and uncheck the option, "Always use This Program" or "Use this app for ...", I would not expect there to be any changes to your registry (class root).

Have you tried using the Open With Option? I would test it with two files local to your C drive. Opening the same accdb, ade, adp, etc. files with different versions can have an adverse affect on the file.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.