aceman040 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

Need help in designing/creating database for visitor sign in/check out/current visitors

Hello,
    First time posting to this community. I am creating a visitor check-in/check out system using MS Access 2010. I have "borrowed" a basic database from an online source and I am trying to tailor it to work for the power facility. What I have designed so far: 1) it will allow the visitor to sign in (using a form); 2) the visitor can sign out (using a separate form); but having trouble with trying to create a way to run a report/query that will run from a button (or other means) that could quickly list & print out the current visitors in the facility. The power facility does not have funds to purchase a commercial off-the-shelf system and I am responsible for the network. The database will do the trick as I will be able to have the front end useable/visible in several places at the same time (facility control room, the 2 admin persons for the plant) and have the back end safe on the server. The report/query would need to be run from either of the stations in the case of an emergency to ensure all are out of the facility. I need something simple and easy to use as some of these visitors & users have only basic computer knowledge. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

ranman256 is online now VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    Make a form, on it is a list box.
    the list Box is connected to a query that pulls all names currently IN.
    the user can check out by selecting his name, then clicking OUT btn.
    that button would sign them out.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Not sure what the specific issue is that you need help with.

What is the 'trouble' you are having with producing a report? Without knowing more about data structure, can only guess but possibly just open report filtered to records where the "Out" field is null.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.