Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    nick404 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    At least now you know it is not access but some setting within your database...
    Go File>Access Options (on bottom of file window)
    Look around in those tabs and see if there is anything checked or unchecked that may be causing the problem? I looked through and didn't really see anything that seemed it would be the cause but perhaps you will notice something?

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Sorry, cannot replicate the issue so cannot find solution.

Do you have another computer with Access 2013 you can open the db to see if issue persists?

Don't use macros. I know you like to use wizard for creating code and then maybe convert to VBA but try creating VBA procedure directly. Does [Event Procedure] show in the event property?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

it does not show, it shows nothing. but the strangest thing is that it works exactly as designed in the wizard, I just have no idea where to find the 'instruction' that operates the object. I'm thinking that it must be a default property or security feature. I have been looking for hours and find nothing.

June7 is online now VIP
    Very bizarre! Never heard of this. No idea what is cause nor how to fix.

I have not used Windows 8 nor Access 2013.

Do you have a Windows 7 Access 2010 setup available for comparison? As noted, issue not presented in your db when I open it.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

I dont have access to 2007 or windows 7.
    could it possibly be a personal setting? it persists on the form I originally converted, other forms in the database, existing databases, and new databases. Are there personal setting for office/windows/live/microsoft accounts?

figured it out... I have been dying trying to find the answer. the problem was that I wasnt creating a record search combobox like i thought I was, I was creating a plain ol' combobox where macros would never be associated from a wizard. I feel so stupid... so so stupid. I have been working with access for about a year, I should know better than that.

June7 is online now VIP
    I am confused. You said "When I create more boxes with the wizard and the same situation appears, works but cant change them. on different forms, I can view and change the macros, but when I create them, they work and I cant view them." - implies code was running.

Did you create a VBA procedure as suggested? Did [Event Procedure] show in the event property?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.