Angeline is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

Exclamation Mailing labels for 'no-email' records ONLY

I'm somewhat new to Access and I have to print mailing labels for everyone from a table that does NOT have an email. They will get snail mailings vs. email. I thought I knew how to make this mailing label query and report, but I keep getting EVERYONE still on the report and print out preview. How would I make the labels print ONLY those in the table that DO NOT have an email listed?

Also, I noticed when I print preview the labels I selected for {NAME} {LASTNAME} yet it doesn't show their names. Instead, shows *type - something like this. How do I get it to SHOW their names for the labels?

Thank you and sorry for my beginner level-ness.

Angel~

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Don't know your data structure so can't be specific.

Perhaps you need to include another table that has customer info in the report RecordSource query.

Apply filter criteria to report when opening. In VBA would be like:

DoCmd.OpenReport "Labels", , , "Email Is Null"

If you want to provide db for analysis, follow instructions at bottom of my post.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Smile Address labeling

Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    Don't know your data structure so can't be specific.

Perhaps you need to include another table that has customer info in the report RecordSource query.

Apply filter criteria to report when opening. In VBA would be like:

DoCmd.OpenReport "Labels", , , "Email Is Null"

If you want to provide db for analysis, follow instructions at bottom of my post.
    ---------
    Data Structure, I think you mean "Name" "Lastname" "Department" "Street" etc, right? That is the structure I have in place. I am trying to print mailing labels in an Avery template, and I only want to print these labels for the contacts I have in the table that do NOT have emails. To save on printing. Don't want to print labels for the other 500 people who I will be instead emailing after I take care of my snail mail contacts.

I'm looking to see how I make a query converted to Labels that ONLY print the entries with NO emails listed. Any instructions?

Thank you,
    Angel

June7 is offline VIP
    So where is the field that has email address? Include it in the report RecordSource. Apply filter as described.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Sorry, I don't understand "Include it in the report RecordSource"

I know that when I filter it in the query it still shows emails...

June7 is offline VIP
    What is not clear about 'include it in the report RecordSource'? Include fields in the report's RecordSource that are needed to accomplish this task. RecordSource property can reference a table or query object or can be an SQL statement.

Post query SQL statement.

I was wondering that was what you meant 'table' or 'query' etc. I understand now. So I tried this and it worked. I did notice that once I placed the filter on the column itself, I also had to select the advanced button under Home tab at top, and then had to select "Apply filter/sort" in order for it to actually activate the command.
    So that has been solved.

Thank you so much for your patience with me as a beginner, and helping me solve these steps.

June7 is offline VIP
    I don't use dynamic parameters in queries. I use the VBA approach.

I don't know what VBA means, sorry. I'm really that much of a beginner.

June7 is offline VIP
    Visual Basic for Applications - it is programming language packaged with all MS Office apps.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.