Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 8 Access 2010 32bit
    Once I fix them, they seem to stay, but I need them to stick the first time. Any idea why this happens and how I Can solve?
    I'm not able to duplicate this issue although comment you have every field in CP table as required, so you cannot update interchangeability until these are completed. I presume these options are unique to each CP, so two thoughts

1. if you only have one record per CP then you might as well incorporate them into the CP table.
    2. if you want to keep as a separate table but complete it before all the required fields in CP are completed, investigate what is called transaction processing - keywords to search on are 'begintrans' and 'committrans'

It may seem trivial, but I would like the interchangeability sub-form to look like the "drawings impacted" sub-form. By this, I mean, I don't want to see the botom row where it shows # of records or the search stuff. I will always have 3 per CP so don't want to use up the realistate on the form.
    in the frm_interchangeability form properties, change the Navigation Buttons property to No - you may also want to set the recordselectors property to no to get rid of the vertical grey bar to the left.

dhaugland is offline Novice
    Thanks again! It is encouraging that you cannot replicate the issue with values not sticking, hopefully it is a(n)update or refresh issue??

I had thought of including in the main table, but given I will have 4 or 5 additional new sections to add (all yes/no), but the 4-5 Additional groups will represent another 75ish fields.

So I was thinking multiple tables would make sense. If you believe otherwise, I am more than willing to change. Please advise

I will also research your ideas related to transaction processing - keywords to search on are 'begintrans' and 'committrans'

CJ_London is offline VIP
    So I was thinking multiple tables would make sense.
    without a clear understanding of what this table represents, I can't advise.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.