Kbun is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2013

Multiselect list box selections not appearing on the form but are in the table

I’m working in Access 2013. In my form, I have a multiselect list box. The source for this is a linked table to the backend (I’ve also tried using a query as the source). My problem is my selections will not appear on the form, but when I look at the “main” table, the selections are there. How do I get the selections to stay “chosen” on my form? The form is what I work from not the table. I have another multiselect box in this form and it works fine. Please someone help. I’ve been working on this for two days and am now banging my head against the wall.

Thanks in advance for help.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    No idea. Would have to know more about data structure and listbox settings. If you want to provide db for analysis, follow instructions at bottom of my post.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Did you adjust the properties of the listbox in a way that affects its appearance? Perhaps your highlighted selections are blending in with the background.

Missinglinq is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    Richmond (Virginia, not North Yorkshire!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kbun View Post

...when I look at the “main” table, the selections are there...
    How do the selections get to the Table? You can enter a Field in the Control Source Property of a Multi-Select Listbox, but since a MSL doesn't have a Value Property, it isn't really Bound to that Field, and hence it won't automatically be saved to a Field in the underlying Table/Query. Because of this, Listboxes set to Multi-Select really act like an Unbound Control, meaning that the whatever selections were last made will show in the Control for all Records.

Linq ;0)>
    The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.