TTChoice is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013

How to correct appearance of "Enter Parameter Value" dialog when executing a Form?

Scenario:

Very simple database and app at the moment. Was working flawlessly.

Basic record with a few fields, one of which was an Attachment field to contain files (PDF, XLS, DOC). This field was defaulted to the name "Sheetfile" I believe.

Pre-problem: Navigation to this form acted as expected: Form would appear / disappear when opened or closed, no intervening dialogs.

Change: During tune-up / tweaks I changed the FILE NAME of "Sheetfile" to something more intuitive (MSDS_SDS).

"Problems" introduced when that occurred:

1) When the form is opened, either manually or from a button, I receive a small dialog with an entry field in it titled "Enter Parameter Value", with "MSDS_SDS.Sheetfile" just over the entry field.
    2) If I click OK without making an entry the form does appear to open and function properly.
    3) The Help function on that dialog identifies:

"Access displays the Enter Parameter Value dialog box when you open an object that contains an identifier or expression that Access cannot interpret"

4) If I open the database itself in design view, only the fields I've setup are present. There is no "Sheetfile" field entity in the database as far as I can see. Not in the design view, and not in the data sheet view.
    5) The "Sheetfile" entity IS showing up on the FORM DESIGN view, "Add existing Fields" List:

Chemname
    mfg
    Distr
    Type
    Active?
    Comment
    SheetFile
    - MSDS_SDS
    MSDS_SDS.FileData
    MSDS_SDS.FileName
    MSDS_SDS.FileType

The attachment field, MSDS_SDS, now looks as Sheetfile used to, with the three Filedata/name/type entries below it. Sheetfile simply shows as a single entry.

I'm not seeing a way to delete an entity from the Form's "add existing fields" list, because, I assume, it draws that list from fields present in the database.

6) At this point it's clear I've violated something basic somewhere, but don't know how to correct it. The SheetFile entity isn't showing in the database, yet the "Add Existing Fields List" is still showing it, thus I'm assuming why the form is asking for a parameter when it loads up.

Brushing off some old skills, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

TTChoice is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013
    I have corrected the issue.

Following the Help text further it simply required dealing with checking queries/expressions in the Form.

Removed the offending hangnail still present in the expression/query, extraneous dialog no longer appears.

pbaldy is offline Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Thanks for following up, and welcome to the site!
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.