LeadTechIG is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

How to Create a Printable Report of a Single Line of a Table

Hello all,

I hope this an appropriate place to post my concern.

I am looking to create a label to post to orders that arrive in my facility on pallets. I currently have a table in my database that records all inbound shipments with all the necessary information to create the pallet label. Unfortunately, as I have explored my options, I haven't been able to figure how to go about accomplishing this. I have used the shipping label wizard, but I require more information than will fit in the wizard. I have also played with the report design, which got me closer, but instead of generating the label for only one shipment, it did it for all shipments in the table - which is undesirable.

What recommendations do you all have to create a pallet label? And, if possible it would be helpful to have them have individual pallet numbers based on the number of pallets on the shipment, (ie 1 of 5, 2 of 5 etc).

Thanks.

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Perhaps you can use a form to open your report or send the report directly to the printer. If you use VBA to do this, you can add WHERE criteria to the VBA statement.

Something like
    docmd.openreport "rptMyrpt" ,acViewPreview,,"[IDfieldInTable]=" & IDcontrolName

If you have trouble with the where criteria, you could try using your form's intrinsic filter tools to filter the one record you want. Then you could prigramaticly pass the filter property to your WHERE criteria.

Code:
    Dim strWhere As String
    strWhere = Me.Filter
    MsgBox strWhere
    Debug.Print strWhere
    DoCmd.OpenReport "rptName", acViewPreview, , strWhere

LeadTechIG is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Thank you for your advice.

I've fixed the first issue - but now I've got a more superficial thing to contend with. I have the reports generated the way I want them. On each label, i have a # of # count for shipments that have more than one pallet. Is there a way to generate a 1 of 4, 2 of 4, 3 of 4 and 4 of 4 - etc?

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Without understanding your data structure it is difficult to provide specifics. But, you can use an expression in a control to get a sum.

It would look like
    =Sum(FieldName)

The trick is to get your Grouping correct and use the detail footers and or headers for your expression. Try placing a control in a footer or header and then type the expression in your control. This type of control is called an unbound control because it is not bound to a field within a table or a query.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.