badgeman is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2013

"You do not have exclusive access to the database at this time" message.

Our databases are located on remote servers. I have split the tables from the actual code (recommended by MS), but continue to receive this message for what looks like every temporary table created. This has become a problem for multiple users to keep clicking okay to gain access to the database. Help!!.

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    If you close all applications/FE files connected to the backend file is there a .laccdb or a .ldb file in the same directory as the backend file? If not, check that the FE file used is not opening in exclusive mode under options. The default is to not open in exclusive mode.

Windows 8 Access 2013
    Have done all that, split database, not exclusive mode, lock on only one record, etc. Do I need to make temp files permanent in backend? Very frustrating to multi users.

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    split database, not exclusive mode, lock on only one record, etc have nothing to do with an orphaned laccdb file. I am not sure about all of the file's attributes. But, it is definitely hidden. It may be system, do not recall. My folder options display hidden and system.

I do not know what a "temp file" is.

Windows 8 Access 2013
    Thanks ItsMe. I will look for the laccdb file. For me a temp file is one that is created within the database by a make table query within a macro while a user is updating or searching the database. One use is creating a temporary transaction table before appending to a permanent table.
    Thanks ItsMe. I will look for the laccdb file. For me a temp file is one that is created within the database by a make table query within a macro while a user is updating or searching the database. One use is creating a temporary transaction table before appending to a permenent table.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.