vickster3659 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2003

Access 2010 Runtime Error 3170 Could not find installable ISAM, on Import routine

Hello,
    I have an application created in Access 2003, which has a button to import three Excel files using DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet. I recently updated to Access 2010 and am getting the above referenced error message when I click the Import button.

After the import completes, I have a procedure that will export two Excel files as well. I have not yet saved this application with the new .accdb format, as there are still a couple of users that have not yet been upgraded. Not sure if that will make the error message go away.

I tried removing the spaces from the file name that I am trying to import.

I tried saving the files as .xlsx as well.

Not sure what else to try, so I am asking for someone to review my code, for which the debugger highlights the first DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet:

Private Sub cmdImportBankData_Click()
    DoCmd.SetWarnings False
    DoCmd.OpenQuery "qryClearTblImportPriorDayTransactions"
    DoCmd.OpenQuery "qryClearTblPFBSTransactionReport"
    DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet , acSpreadsheet, "tblImportPriorDayTransactions", "\\DFS01\Shared\CFA\Vol5\Treasure\Cash_Mgr\1- Treasury Operations\4- Database\PBFS Reports\Import\Premium Accounting Transaction Report.xls", True
    DoCmd.OpenQuery "qryClearImportPriorDayBalances"
    DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet , acSpreadsheet, "tblImportPriorDayBalances", "\\DFS01\Shared\CFA\Vol5\Treasure\Cash_Mgr\1- Treasury Operations\4- Database\PBFS Reports\Import\Premium Accounting Balance Report.xls", True
    DoCmd.OpenQuery "qryClearImportPriorDayLedger"
    DoCmd.OpenQuery "qryClearTblWorkingPriorDayLedger"
    DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet , acSpreadsheet, "tblImportPriorDayLedger", "\\DFS01\Shared\CFA\Vol5\Treasure\Cash_Mgr\1- Treasury Operations\4- Database\PBFS Reports\Import\Premium Accounting Ledger Report.xls", True
    DoCmd.OpenQuery "qryClearTblImportPriorDayClaimsTransactions"
    DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acImport, SpreadsheetType = 9, "tblImportPriorDayClaimsTransactions", "\\DFS01\Shared\CFA\Vol5\Treasure\Cash_Mgr\1- Treasury Operations\4- Database\PBFS Reports\Import\Premium Accounting CD Transaction Report.xls", True, "Import File!"
    MsgBox "Import has completed."
    End Sub

Thank you, in advance!
    Vickster3659

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 8 Access 2010 32bit
    looks to me like you do not have the parameters correct - see this link

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib.../ff844793.aspx

you are not specifying whether you are importing/linking etc, and I don't think acSpreadsheet is a valid value for 2010 - it is usually specified as something like acSpreadsheetTypeExcel12 for a .xlsx for example

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    If you still have users on 2003, I suggest leaving the backend as an MDB. Hand out FE files to the users depending on their application version (or give everyone MDB files for front ends). Directly opening a single mdb file from different versions of Access can have an undesirable result. Link to the backend.

vickster3659 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2003
    Thank you, for both responses, I am all set!
    Vickster3659

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.