Export Form but Keep Information?

I am a complete beginner at Access and I need some help creating a form. I need the form to save itself to my access file (but copy itself over). I would need it to export to the navigation pane. When I do this normally, it exports but all of the data entered into the form is gone, how could I export but keep this data? Any other methods would help, but keep in mind, I am a beginner so I would probably need a step by step guide or something along those lines.

Next, how would I create a button that can do this exporting for me by clicking it? I tried to make a button but it does not have the export functionality in the wizard so I assume I would need to make a macro. What would I have to do to set up this macro?

The program also needs to be very intuitive, so would there be a way that the exporting button could start at a certain place (like remember the steps except the naming process)? Thanks for your help.

maximus is offline Expert
    Windows 7 Access 2010 (version 14.0)
    Forms have recordsource which are generaly query or tables. They can be unbound too. In your case exporting the form with out the source table or query will mean you will have a form without records. Here are some questions that I have:
    1) why do you want to export the data.
    2) what format do you want export.
    3) purpose of this exercise.

Well, I have a purchase order program that I am making. Now, we need the form to export itself to the access project so we have a record of the form, and then we can print and erase it. (So there would be the save, print, and erase buttons at the bottom of the form). Now, I could always export it as .PDF or something like that, but I would like it to be editable if we have to make amendments to the form later on. One of the more difficult parts would also be the auto date on the form would have to stay the same even when it is exported, this is why .PDF is a good option, but it is not editable.

maximus is offline Expert
    Windows 7 Access 2010 (version 14.0)
    You confuse me yet again. purchase order program that you are making is it in access. if yes than why would you like to export it into access again.if Not what are you using to create the purchase order program.

This is what I understand from you thread you have a purchase order program in access in which you have a form to fill out purchase details. now you want to print the indent form and save it. is that what you want.

Yes, but I would prefer to save my finished purchase orders into the same access accdb file, so everything is contained. I could then go into the accdb file and simply scroll down the navigation pane, find the purchase order, then be able to amend it and re print it. I will probably end up just having a button to save it as a .pdf to a folder, but this was my first option.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.