FastEddieC is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

Macro outputs to snapshot file - error: "The report snapshot was not created..."

I've Googled this problem and found few questions being asked and even fewer answers.
    Here is the closest thing: https://www.accessforums.net/import-...estion-64.html

My issue: I have a user with Access 2003 that wants to use a macro to export his report to a snapshot file (.snp) out to a mapped network drive (G:\). When he does he gets the error: "The report snapshot was not created because you don't have enough free disk space for temporary work files. To fix this, free up disk space..."
    • The mapped drive he is sending it to is his "home" drive where he keeps all his files, and it has 400+ Gb free.
    • If we manually export it to the mapped drive ("File" --> "Export" --> FileType: Snapshot) then the snapshot file is successfully created.
    • The macro will work in creating the snapshot if we send it too his local C: Drive.
    It almost seems like the macro function is using some other credentials when it tries to create the file on the mapped network drive.

Anyone have any ideas on this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Eddie

PS: I couldn't find a forum for macros so I posted this in the general forum

FastEddieC is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

- Solved -

I took another look at the macro and found a typo. The destination path was pointing to a non-existant sub-directory. (Doh!)

Eddie

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.