Troubble Understanding Rounding, Classes, and display in Querys

Hello all! I have been working on a assignment with access and have been giving some instructions that I do not understand. I have attempted to Google the answers, as well as asking a number of my friends, but I cant seem to find anyone who understand what I am todo.

I was hoping someone on these forums would be able to explain the steps to me in a meaningful way. I greatly appreciate any help!

The instructions are:
    "Open the rounded prices query in design view. Create a new column to round the retail price of each item to the nearest dollar. name the field RoundedRetail. Create a new column to display luxury for all items that have a rounded value of $100 or more and Everyday for items that are less that $100. Name the field Class. Run the query. Save and close the query."

The parts of this im having trouble with are as follows:
    1. while naming the field. I type RoundedRetail, but Access then puts in "Expr1: [RoundedRetail]" in the field name.
    2. I'm extremely confused about the criteria i should use. for one im using "Round([Retail])" and for the other "IIf([RoundedRetail]>=100,"Luxury","Everyday")" this however seems to be wrong.

I have attached a screenshot of the page bellow in case my explanations lead nowhere. I really appreciate any help anyone can offer as I am truly confused as to what they want in this step. Thanks again!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	help screenshot.png 
Views:	51 
Size:	69.4 KB 
ID:	20457

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    When I create an alias, as you are being instructed, I type the name in a new field and follow the name with a colon. RoundedRetail:

If you just type, "RoundedRetail", Access will try to autocorrect and include it within the expression.

Thank you! That got the names handled! I wasn't aware of the Alias process and how it worked.

I am now working on the criteria for the two columns. I have the same criteria as I had before, but cant seem to get my class field to refer to the roundedtable field.
    IIf([RoundedRetail]>=100,"Luxury","Everyday")
    is the criteria im inputting in the class field, however, when I hit "run" i receive a popup asking for the parameter value. anything I enter still seems to be wrong. any ideas as to what im doing wrong here?

Once again, thank you for helping with this!

Edit:Finally learned what I was doing wrong. I was working under the impression that Any formulas must be in the criteria section. I didnt realize that the field section can hold formulas as well. putting a formula in the field did the trick! Class: IIf([RoundedRetail]>=100,"Luxury","Everyday")

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Does the Round() function belong in the Criteria field?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.