raphael99 is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2013

Access 2013 subform not display records

Hi,
    I have 3 tables:
    tblAnagrafica
    TabellaPIP
    TabellaJoinPIP

By wizard I have build a form that collect data from a query: "QueryPIP2Tabelle"
    The main Form :" frmtblAnagraficatest"

display correct data from tblAnagrafica,
    BUT the subform: "frmTabellaPIP Sottomascheratest" does not display data from TabellaPIP.
    Relations are many -to-many but, because it's my first building database, can be incorrect.
    I post db, hoping someone give a reply. It's all the day I'm trying to work it
    Database2.accdb

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Options for data entry for many-to-many relationship:

1. single form bound to TabellaJoinPIP with comboboxes to select IDPIP and ID from tblAnagrafica

2. main form bound to TabellaPIP and subform bound to TabellaJoinPIP with combobox to select ID from tblAnagrafica

3. main form bound to tblAnagrafica and subform bound to TabellaJoinPIP with combobox to select IDPIP
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows 8 Access 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    Options for data entry for many-to-many relationship:

1. single form bound to TabellaJoinPIP with comboboxes to select IDPIP and ID from tblAnagrafica

2. main form bound to TabellaPIP and subform bound to TabellaJoinPIP with combobox to select ID from tblAnagrafica

3. main form bound to tblAnagrafica and subform bound to TabellaJoinPIP with combobox to select IDPIP
    I'm completely novice but I seem understand. The fact that I don't understand is which way I can relate tblAnagrafica with TabellaPIP

Infact TabellaJoinPIP i built for link the two tables wich I need to display together.
    Thanks for your reply

Don't understand what you mean. Tried but I sure have no catch the sense

June7 is offline VIP
    Those tables are linked through TabellaJoinPIP.

If you include TabellaPIP in the subform RecordSource, don't use INNER JOIN, change to RIGHT JOIN. Textboxes bound to fields of TabellaPIP should not be editable - set them Locked Yes and TablStop No.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows 8 Access 2013
    Tried solution 2 but that show TabellaPIP as I want But it cannot pick record from TabellaAnagrafica. As I got combobox shows a list of numbers. Tried to associated text box "field Name" to see if that pick the selection but it does no works.

June7 is offline VIP
    Need a multi-column combobox. Review http://www.datapigtechnologies.com/f...combobox3.html

Windows 8 Access 2013
    Changed INNER TO RIGHT JOIN , textbox LOcked (don't understand what you mean by TablStop that I miss.
    Anyway I can't see in my navigation record access's type the chancce to see the records. Can be something related to relationship not well settled?

Windows 8 Access 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    Need a multi-column combobox. Review http://www.datapigtechnologies.com/f...combobox3.html
    Interesting but I'm looking not only to pick up a record from combobox but also to edit some fields with data. If you see my form that shows how I would like to have the data showing in form. And also editable some fields

June7 is offline VIP
    A form can do data entry/edit for only one table. You can include TabellaPIP in the subform for information purposes only - but do not edit its data from this form. If you do allow edit of TabellaPIP records from this form, those edits will be reflected in all associated TabellaJoinPIP records.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.