snipe is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2003

Making sure that all pieces of a package are on a floor

Hey guys,

So I am trying to build a catalog of what is on our floors. This is easy to do for individual items. I am trying to do it for packages. I work in furniture, and a package is something like a table and 4 chairs, a 2 piece sectional, etc. There are 3 main tables I am using: 'INV_ITM' which is a list of every item and package in my system (including discontinued ones) and various details on those items/packages; 'INV_ITM_FIFL' which is a current snapshot in time of the inventory in my locations (I am limiting my locations to just the stores, not the warehouse); and 'INV_PACKAGE' which is a list of every package and their components. See the snippets below.

What I am really trying to is make a list (catalog) of every item and package that is on at least 7 of my 8 showrooms. The packages are the tough one for me. If 1 item is missing, I don't want that package to show up on the list.

What I have tried:
    -[INV_ITM_FIFL]![ITM_CD] is not null. if 1 item out of a 3 piece package was not on the floor, only that item wouldn't show up, but the package still would.
    -I tried doing a count of items in the package table, vs a count of the items in the packages that are on a floor. I just couldn't get it to work though.

Notes on the snippets: [DROP_DT] is null, makes sure that I am not pulling discontinued items/packages. [INV_ITM_1] is a copy of a [INV_ITM], and is purely used for the previous sentence. The second snippet shows what it looks like when a package has all of its items (not LOC_CD isn't null). The third snippet shows what it looks like when a package is missing some components. I think everything else makes sense.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-04-06 at 4.58.41 PM.png 
Views:	16 
Size:	28.0 KB 
ID:	20266

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-04-06 at 4.56.13 PM.png 
Size:	20.4 KB 
ID:	20267

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-04-06 at 4.58.23 PM.png 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	20268

orange is offline Moderator
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL

snipe is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2003
    Helped a bit. I went back to square one on how I wanted to solve this dilemma. I think I am on the right track. Appreciate the link!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.