SSUTTON is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2007

need help with Combo/List Boxes

Hi:

On some of the forms I am creating for my database I would like to have combo/list boxes.

One of the forms will have a 1 column box that I want to use to add a list of streets to a table. I have my table created with one field "StreetName)

I also want to create a 4 column listbox/combobox on several other forms (ChildsFirstname, ChildsLastname, Date of Birth and MCP#)

My problem is I am not sure how to add the data to these forms. Everything I try doesn't work for me. I cannot see any data when I view the form. (right now I am using my code screen but I would like to have an Add Record button to do the work for me.) I have a table with several fields and the Children's information is only some of the information in the table that I want to add the data too.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    What have you tried? What does "doesn't work for me" mean - error message, wrong results, nothing happens? What do you mean by 'using my code screen' - using how?

Is form bound to table?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows 8 Access 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    What have you tried? What does "doesn't work for me" mean - error message, wrong results, nothing happens? What do you mean by 'using my code screen' - using how?

Is form bound to table?
    The ListcomboBox is bound to a table where I want the data to be stored.When I use the code screen with the additem method nothing shows up in my list/combobox.

June7 is online now VIP
    I have never built database with unbound forms and unbound controls. Why are you using AddItem instead of query as RowSource?

If form doesn't show data, it either is not bound or its DataEntry property is set to yes. If the form is not bound then the listbox is not bound.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows 8 Access 2007
    I am setting up the combo/listboxes to add data to them through a data entry form where I will have Command Buttons for editing and adding data.

June7 is online now VIP
    Sorry, not making sense to me.

Windows 8 Access 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    Sorry, not making sense to me.
    I am trying to mark this thread as solved but i can't get the option. It is not in my Thread tools. I did figure out my issue with the combo/listbox. Thank you

June7 is online now VIP
    Should be under Thread Tools. I marked solved.

Do you want to share the solution?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.