Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thompyt is offline Expert
    Windows 8 Access 2010 32bit
    I don't get any errors opening it on my work laptop. At home since I use 2010, I do get the date error. I have to change the VBA references from Missing MS Office 15 to MS Office 14. Is this the Record source SQL you are referring to?

[CODE]SELECT [CR_No]+([Sub_No]*0.01) AS CR_Numbers1, IIf([Sub_No]=0,Format([CR_No]," #"),Format([Sub_No]*0.01," " & " .00")AS CR_Numbers, [Level] & Chr(13) & Chr(10) & [Soft Level] AS Levels, [Change Request].Change_Type, [HB_Version] & Chr(13) & Chr(10) & [Approx_Page] AS [HB Vers], [Change Request].Date_ID, [Unit] & Chr(13) & Chr(10) & [Section] AS UNITS, [MTOE_Para] & Chr(13) & Chr(10) & [Bumper_Number] AS [MTOE Paras], [Requestor] & Chr(13) & Chr(10) & [Sponsor] AS People, [Change Request].[Change Requested], [Change Request].Rationale, [Change Request].Final_Vote, [Change Request].NOTES, [Change Request].Action_Items, [Change Request].Attachment, [Change Request].NIE, [Change Request].Action_Complete
    FROM [Change Request]
    WHERE ((([Change Request].[Change Requested])<>"Do not delete") AND (([Change Request].Action_Complete)=True));

The format not be used correctly is?: , IIf([Sub_No]=0,Format([CR_No]," #"),Format([Sub_No]*0.01," " & " .00")

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    On second look, the Format functions do work. I just tested in the VBA immediate window. I don't know why fails in query.

The report shows a lot of "No such field in field list." errors.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

IIf(Sub_No=0 AND IsNull(DLookup("Unit", "tablename", "Sub_No=0 AND Unit='" & Unit & "'")), "", Unit) seems to work to put it in every field.

I DL'd the file from my earlier post. I was missing the field Units in the Closed form. I put this in a column to correct it. Units: [Unit] & Chr(13) & Chr(10) & [Section] If you DL'd the file just after I posted it, I had to change it as I forgot the CR_Numbers field with the format.

June7 is online now VIP
    The CR_Numbers field is in the query. I added the Units field and now report runs.

I had to remove the Runtime library reference.

What exactly should I be looking at for this issue?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

What I was trying to do is have a field display on where CR_No+(Sub_No)*.01= ###.00 and if CR_No+(Sub_No)*.01<> ###.00 and the field is = to the same field oin .00 then do not display, else display. ### is sort of the wildcard for the CR_No as the CR does matter a little, because there will be the possibility of multiple .00 in the table or query.

June7,
    You code does work, but it takes a long time to compute. Especially on the Levels code. It works when you put it in a sperate query and then use that query in the report. It does not work if you try to use the code inside the report (Control Source) SELECT.......

June7 is online now VIP
    Glad you got it working. I was just about to revisit this (been preoccupied with home reno).

Unfortunately, domain aggregates can be slow in queries or textboxes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.