sunnyday is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Property sheet not coming up although the tab exists on the ribbon bar

I have recently split my DB and distributed the front ends to respective users. I dont know why for this particular user, the property sheet does not show up even though the the Property sheet button is clicked on the Ribbon bar. For others it seems all fine. This user runs on 2 monitors , but that should not be a problem I guess?

I am currently running 2010 version , and i have tried doing run>msaccess/safe which does not work.

Please help so that the user can customize reports or queries , or I can modify designs ifI want to on his front end

Thanks

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Why would users be allowed to build custom objects in a split db frontend? Every time you provide a new version of the frontend, each user will lose all their 'custom' work.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

sunnyday is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    Umm, but the splitting has been done by placing the back end in the shared network drive while the front ends have been palced in the respective users machines. Thi s allows them to have custom queries if they want to. What I wanted is that I wanted to include a certain field later in back end and wanted to extract that field into one of the forms which requires design view and then looking at the properties. It works on all other computers, dont know why it does not work only on this particular computer.
    I have tried typing Run>msaccesssafe which does not work, I guess it sfor 2007 version, Im using 2010 version.
    There exists some code that I got online which might solve the issue but I m reluctant to try it, as am not sure where to put the code, in the immediate debug window?
    Not sure
    Last edited by sunnyday; 03-25-2015 at 09:19 PM.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Correct, each user runs their own copy of the frontend located on their computer. But, YOU have to do frontend design edits in a 'master' copy and then redistribute the new version to all users so everyone works with the same tool.

Could the property sheet be popping up on other monitor? Otherwise, no idea why it would not be visible.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.