Changing Record values with VB

I am working on a Reset Password form for a database. The table is called tblUsers and has three fields (ID, Login and Password). The form has a text box where the user can enter in a new password, I already have the code that checks the current password and everything I just can't figure out how to update the password in the table. The textbox is named txtNewPass. I would greatly appreciate some help on this issue.

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    are you the developer - that can work directly in tables to do an entry.... or did the developer provide the administrator a special form for this purpose?

I am the one designing the database. I have full access to all the tables and forms. The users table is hidden but I can unhide it when needed. What I would like to do is create simple passwords for all of the users, we have a static set of users (no users will be added in the future). I would like to set a basic password abc123 (i've already done this in the table) but also create a form to allow the users to change their password without me having to actually be there and enter the data in the users table. I hope this makes sense. I will include an image of the form, but essentially what I want to do is take the information that's in txtNewPassword and apply it to the correct password field in the Users table.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	prForm.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	24.7 KB 
ID:	20102

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    that classic password reset screen is just a sanity check to make the user enter it twice in case they make a typo.....

set up that password reset look using all unbound fields in an unbound form ( I would not use a drop down / combo box - it is more secure if they must type it in....rather than give them a list...)

The clear button just blank those unbound forms. The submit button you compare their unbound entries; first the PW two to be sure they are the same, then to your table values to see if there is a match - and then continue as appropriate.

Note that default Access is not capital letter relevant so that Smith and smith will match...

your compare with your table is a query that has criteria from your unbound fields - then you do a DCount =1 to verify there is a record as a mismatch will result in <> 1....

while this all seems common and routine it does require a diverse know how of code and methods.....

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.