gatsby is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Can Grow in Report

I have a Report that has inconsistent data - inconsistent in terms of number of characters; some have longer text, some have less. I set the format to Can Grow so those characters with longer text can adjust automatically. it works perfectly, but my concern now is I wanted all unbound textboxes will follow to grow also including the less characters so the Report will look nicer and will have uniformity. Anyone can help me?

Thanks in advance.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Are these unbound textboxes using expressions as ControlSource? You mean these textboxes do not grow?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

yes all of the textboxes using ControlSource. they do grow but only the one textbox having long characters the rest wont grow. i want something that will make all textboxes grow whether with long characters or small; so the reporting will look nicer because of the uniformity. the box is not transparent thats why its obvious that some boxes doesnt grow.

June7 is online now VIP
    I will have to do some experimenting. I have never noticed that textboxes with expressions would not grow. However, I cannot do this until March 23. If you still have not sovled this by then, make another post to get my attention.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

it does grow June7, im sorry if im not making myself clear that much because english is not my first language. all of the texboxes have ControlSource. all of the textboxes can grow. but, if 1 textbox will grow because of longer text the others remain ungrown because it has smaller texts (if they have). so what i want is everything will follow (textbox size) whoever has the bigger box so there will be uniformity in the Report.

if this issue will not be solved, i will make the textboxes set to transparent so users wont see the sizes of the boxes.

June7 is online now VIP
    Okay, I don't know any way to make textboxes grow to a uniform size. That's why I make borders transparent and use graphic line controls.

graphic line controls? im not really sure if i tried this one. how to do this?

thanks.

June7 is online now VIP
    It is a control available in the controls set on the design tab on the ribbon.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.