dimitrius20 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013

Attach Multiple PDFs to Access via Script

Hello All,

I currently working on a project and I will do my best to describe it below:

I have a list in SharePoint 2013, which is currently linked to Access 2013. The list contains a list of 500 agreements. I have a PDF copy of each agreement on my computer (Windows 7). There will be 1 PDF attached for every entry (line).

Is there anyway to bulk upload/link/attach these PDFs to each record in Access? The manual work will take me days and I am trying to find a shortcut to use for it.

My VBA experience is practically none, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    You want PDFs embedded into attachment field? Yes, VBA code can manipulate attachment field to insert or delete items. Attachment field is a type of multi-value field. Same code to open recordsets and manipulate. Review http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4...ing-vba-macros

However, AFAIK, viewing the PDFs requires extracting to external folder to open with Acrobat or display in a WebBrowser control.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    I recommend the best method for this is to store just the path into a text field in your table (sharepoint list).

But keep in mind you can't then move around the location of the pdfs as it will break the path.

Given that you have the list of pdf already in the sharepoint list is key because that is the one element of the path that is going to vary

So if your path is going to be let's say: g:\FolderName\documentname.pdf

you just need to build the path string.... so if: documentname.pdf is what is already in your list of 500 documents : then you just need to append the g:\FolderName\
    in order to build the path

then using that string you can move on to the open file method so it will open adobe in a different window....

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.