michbri is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2013

Record missing from report but shows in query and table

Hello, I'm a very new Access user. I created a report that gets information from a select query; the report is not including all of the records. In the table each record has ID, employee, date, building, hours. It is completed throughout the pay period by the user entering in the table. When pay day comes the user opens the report, entering Start Date and End Date of the pay period then the report is organized by employee, building and sum of hours for the pay period at that building. For any records that are identical e.g. employee worked at same building, for same amount of hours, on same date the second entry is not included in the report although it is showing in the query that the report is based on. What can I do to ensure that the second entry is not lost between the query and the report? Please give me detailed instructions so I can follow easily. A big thanks for any suggestions!

We do have a work-around but I'm really curious as to what I've done wrong in the creation of the report.

michbri is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2013
    I guess typing out my issue made me brilliant or something! I figured it out. So, for anyone else who has this issue, my solution was to ensure that the Query had the ID included. I guess that causes the Query to see the two entries as individual entries so includes both.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Is the RecordSource an aggregate (GROUP BY) Totals query? Why?

Do you have textboxes in the report Detail section?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.