SarahW110 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Pie Chart Issue in Access Reports

I am adding charts to a report in Microsoft Access 2010. When I run the report, I have a different report for each state. So far I have been able to add data and bar charts that change for each state report. All of the data updates for the correct report. I am having issues, though, with the pie chart.

I have information in a table that details the number of males and females for each state. I want a bar chart on each report that shows the breakdown of gender for that state. No matter how I seem to set it up, though, I keep getting the overall gender breakdown and the pie chart is exactly the same for each report.

On the last tab of the Chart Wizard it asks the report fields and chart fields you want to link if the chart should change record to record. I've put state in for both, but then I usually get a blank chart. I've been able to use queries to get this to work for data in bar charts, but can't figure out pie charts. I've also tried just creating the chart and putting it in the State header portion, thinking it might change then but that didn't work.

Any ideas?

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    I analyse chart issues best when I can work with data and report structure. If you want to provide db, follow instructions at bottom of my post.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.