sharkey_lsu is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013

Online/Offline Interface?

So I am well aware of using SharePoint lists for storing the backend of my access database but I am curious as to what would be the best method for achieving an offline/online system. The scenario will be such that all of my inspection/client/operator information will be stored on either a local server or using a sharepoint list. However, I will need the ability for an inspector to create and perform an inspection while possibly not having access to an internet connection. Is there some type of synchronize function that can be utilized to achieve this? Any ideas as to where I could possibly download an example of such an interface so that I can learn through disection? Thanks in advance for any advice.

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    You would need local tables of course. The records then must be written to the tables in SharePoint when possible. The idea is not particularly difficult - the challenge would be whether this is done manually by a knowledgeable developer or whether one needs to attempt to make it available to a non technical user which would be a little tricky to design that interface.

sharkey_lsu is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013
    Thats about what I had in mind but I would ultimately like the end user to have a sync button that could be pressed when a connection is available. I wonder if this is something that is not often needed? I would think it would be a pretty common need for any database that has the back end stored in a separate location. I would hate to have a useless system if for some reason internet is not available.

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    The issue is going back and forth. Have a version that has local tables, another version that has the normal tables. That is about the best you can hope for.... Even with this you must be very thoughtful in regard to the design and that the correct key fields are managed. The version with local tables is essential input only.....

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.