Hi,

I have a form connected to linked tables in access that are connected to a online sql server. What I would like to do is to save and also update all the fields in my form to my local table, so that all field updates also reflect on the local access table. I have a append query that takes all rows in online sql server the table to the local table, but that then does not reflect any update changes on the online sql server db to my local access db

There are two tables involved on the form, so two tables locally need to be updated.

I would like to write a vb script connected to a button that both saves the record and creates a update query that loops all the form fields, takes the data with a WHERE clause for the primary key ID, and a FROM table name clause, and I guess a connection string to the local access db and the local table name.

Is this possible, am I thinking in the right direction at all. I am not an expert in vb script.

I could have just worked with a access project instead but I have a parameter query that when converted to a access project changed it to a parameter functions instead and this does not show up in Word when creating a mail merge, and then there are some other issues, not all queries were exported, so I have to maintain a local record, also having it as a backup.

Thanks
Sohail