GodivaGirl is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Create report to total the number of each product order and total cost for that product in a year

I have a tblOrders table that has all of the items that have been ordered, the Quantity and Unit Price. In another table, tblPOinfo, that gets the data from the frmPOInput form, I have the Budget Year and the Budget category (I manage 2 different budgets).

I want a report to show me for the selected budget category and budget year each product ordered and the total number of those products ordered and the total spent for that product during the year.

I have tried various queries and have been a total failure. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am not skilled with Access or programming so I need fairly detailed help.

Thanks to anyone out there willing to help me.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Don't know data so can't be specific. If you want to provide db for analysis, follow instructions at bottom of my post.

Does tblPOinfo or tblOrders have data that relates records to budget categories?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

My db is 780kb and I don't know how to do the Windows Compression to zip it. But thank you anyway.

Supply Data Base Query Screen shot4.doc

Here is a screen shot of the cross-tab query I made. I want the report to show the product once with the total number ordered that year and the total amount spent on that product. I don't know if this provides more helpful information.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.