GraeagleBill is offline Experienced Old Geezer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2003

Control visibility on continuous form

Below is a snippet of a screenshot taken from a continuous form where I'm wanting to use Allen Browne's calendar form. What I'd like is to ONLY have the calendar command button visible when either the "Date of Entry" text box is null, like you see on the "new record entry line, OR where a record has the focus. As you can see from the screenshot, the command button is visible for all records.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DOE.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	102.1 KB 
ID:	19133

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Can't do this on Continuous form. Setting properties of control on continuous form affects ALL instances of the control. There is, after all, only one button control. Conditional Formatting can be used on textboxes to manage colors and Enabled property but aside from that, cannot individually set properties for each record.

Put calendar button in the form header and manage its properties with code in form Current event.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Hi June,

Happy New Year!

I was expecting an answer similar to what you've offered. I think I'll just be satisfied to use the OnGotFocus and OnLostFocus events of the DOE text box to toggle the visibility of the calendar's command button when "DOE's" have or loose the focus, but as you say, that then applies to all the records.

Thanks,
    Bill

I eliminated the command button and thereby any issues of visibility. Rather, I set the OnClick event of the DOE control to open the calendar. Sort of a DUH! Maybe had too much Christmas yesterday.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    I would probably use GotFocus or Enter event so users don't have to mouse click. But I have not explored the code behind this control. How is the calendar closed?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.