raffi is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013

backend-tables in cloud, frontend on desktop

hello, can the tables of an access database be uploaded into the cloud and be linked to many Front-End Desktop Based Users?

so the front-end data would be uploaded to the tables which are located in the cloud, and at the same time that data could be downloaded to other front end users while they also upload their data and so on u get the point lol

i guess what im trying to say is can the tables of a desktop Access Database be linked to Sharepoint or Onedrive, and re-link the cloud based tables to all Front-End Desktop Based access databases ?

In other words just having tables which are on the cloud and connect it to all the Front End Desktop Access Databases

can we remove the thread ?

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Usually don't unless the thread is a duplicate or offensive or spam. Why do you want to delete?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

well because i just recently started learning about splitting the data-base into back-end and front-end and i don't actually know if what i asked is already available or not.... im not even sure i know what i asked lol

i was trying to find out, if its possible after splitting the Access Database, and taking ( the back-end ) and importing it into ( sharepoint or onedrive ) , and then i can link many front-end desktop based access databases all around the world into the 1 back-end cloud based tables, and the information will be uploaded and downloaded distributed trough out all the front-end desktop-based Access databases......

so in short, split database, insert back-end to the web, link the back-end from the web to countless front-ends which are being used on desktops,
    Last edited by raffi; 12-15-2014 at 09:04 AM.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    This question has been asked here before. You might search the forum on keywords: cloud, split, web-based.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.