rrciesla is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2013

Totals of Calculated Fields in Report Footer

Hi. I have a Report that has calculated fields in the details section. I want to total those fields in the Report Footer. When I run the report I am prompted to enter the value for the calculated fields and the Totals do not appear.

I have been scouring these forums for answers and found others with the same issue but no answers. I did see a post indicating that you can’t total calculated fields within the Report Footer. But the poster gave no further information. Like Why?
    I think I know (but I could be wrong)…
    Access must be inspecting the report before it actually runs. And so, since the calculated fields do not exist until the report is run then Access doesn’t find them during the inspection and hence prompts for input.
    Anybody have any input on that?

Bob (Pronounced 808)

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Cannot total the value of calculated textbox. You can total field created in query by calculation.

If textbox has calc with fields: =[qty] * [price]

cannot do: =Sum([textbox name])

can do: = Sum([qty] * [price])

If the calc is in query: [qty] * [price] AS ExtTotal

then in textbox: =Sum([ExtTotal])
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    I have your db. What parameters should I enter into the input popups?

I never use input popups nor dynamic queries at all. I build a form for input of filter criteria and apply filter to report when it opens.

The parameters in the ORDER BY property are probably ignored because the report has Grouping set up. Use the Sorting set up as well.

There is no field [Profit-Loss] in the query so cannot Sum([Profit-Loss]). [Profit-Loss] is calculated with [Sales]-[Purchases]-[Labor], however, there are no fields in the query for those values, they are pulled from 3 hidden subreports. Very odd report structure.

My initial response is that will have to do a Sum within each subreport footer then the main report can reference those textboxes to calculate summary Profit-Loss.

Advise no spaces or special characters/punctuation (underscore is exception) in naming convention.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.