tylerpickering is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

Filter table based on form selection

Hi All,

I have a table, form, and query in my database. Currently my form options are IM, IR, and Both. The criteria is either IM or IR. I want to be able to filter the table based on the form selection so that if IM is selected, only those results appear, IR for IR, and both IM and IR if Both is selected on the form.

This is the current formula that I have in my query:

Code:
    IIf([Forms]![IMDB]![Equipment]="IM","IM",IIf([Forms]![IMDB]![Equipment]="IR","IR",IIf([Forms]![IMDB]![Equipment]="Both",UNSURE WHAT GOES HERE,"")))
    It functions correctly when selecting IM or IR individually, but I am not sure how to handle the last part. I know on a regular query I could just do ** In("IR","IM") ** but I am unsure how to handle it in the formula with the form.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Are IM and IR the only possible values in the field? That expression is in criteria row of query? Try:

LIKE & IIf([Forms]![IMDB]![Equipment]="IM","'IM'", IIf([Forms]![IMDB]![Equipment]="IR","'IR'", IIf([Forms]![IMDB]![Equipment]="Both", "'*'","")))
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

tylerpickering is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    Perfect, thanks! Didn't know the "Like" needed to go outside the if statement.

I appreciate it!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.