FJM is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 98/ME Access 2003

Linked forms and cascading combo boxes

I have a form with EMPLOYEE details and it contains a TAB sheet.
    On 1 of the tab pages I have 2 forms which show training details for this employee.
    1 form shows a SECTION and 1 form shows SECTION DETAILS
    They are currently linked together using EMPLOYEEID
    Is it possible to link the 2 forms together so I can achieve the following:-
    a) they remain linked so that each time I look at a different employee they change - (like they do now)

b) when I click on SECTION (which is a combo box) of Form 1 it AUTOMATICALLY cascades a combo box on form 2 which then lists a set of SECTION DETAILS
    At the moment, the only MASTER-CHILD link that is being automatically suggested is for the EMPLOYEE ID

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    You could but why? Why would you limit the choices in combobox to only those Section Details already associated with Section? Don't you mean you want records of the two forms to synchronize like form/subform? See if this is what you want http://www.fmsinc.com/MicrosoftAcces...edSubforms.asp
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Thank for the info. I have already looked at this before and no matter how I reconfigure, I can't get what I need.
    Just to clear things, this is what I have and what I need.
    TABLE A - comprises of all EMPLOYEES
    TABLE B - shows each section they can belong to. An employee can belong to each section
    TABLE C - shows details for each section. Each detail can appear in more than one section.
    I want to show the details of Table B and Table C as SUBFORMS on a tabbed page which currently exists for each employee.
    I also want to be able to look at the combo in Table B and when I choose it only show the options in Table C which are linked to it.
    Once this is done, I will be able to monitor what training each employee has had

June7 is offline VIP
    Table B is a junction table that shows Sections that have been associated with each employee and Table C shows Details for each section associated with each employee? If this is the case, then the forms should be able to synchronize.

If you want to provide db for analysis, follow instructions at bottom of my post.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

test.zip

I have (hopefully) attached a file. I have removed a lot of detail but what remains should show you how it works

June7 is offline VIP
    Your post says one of the forms is Section Details but it is labeled as Training Details. These are synonymous? There is a combobox bound to TrainingDetails field, not SectionDetails.

I still don't understand what you want the second combobox to be dependent on. I don't see a table that associates Sections and Training except for the employee assignments in TrainingDetails. If you limit this combobox to only the records in TrainingDetails already associated with employee, how will you create new assignment records? The combobox is correct as is.

If training selection must be limited by section then need a table that associates trainings with sections. Like:

tblTrainingSectionLookup
    SectionLookupID
    TrainingDetailsLookupID

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.